Mushroom Chorizo Tacos con Papas
4 oz. cremini mushrooms, sliced
1½ teaspoons mild chili powder
1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
¾ teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
½ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 15-oz. can no-salt-added garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
¼ cup chopped toasted walnuts
1 tablespoon lime juice
3 cups chopped yellow potatoes (1 lb.)
1 small onion, chopped (¾ cup)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Corn tortillas, warmed
Optional toppings: cilantro leaves, shredded red cabbage, chopped tomatoes, sliced radishes, lime wedges for squeezing
- In an extra-large oven-going skillet cook mushrooms over medium-high 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and liquid has released and evaporated, stirring occasionally and adding water, 1 to 2 Tbsp. at a time, as needed to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl stir together the next eight ingredients (through cinnamon). In a food processor combine mushrooms, chickpeas, walnuts, and lime juice. Pulse until chopped. Add chickpea mixture to seasonings in a bowl; stir well to combine. Let stand while preparing the potato mixture.
- Wipe out the skillet and place it in the oven. Preheat oven to 425°F. Meanwhile, place potatoes and onion in a steamer basket in a large saucepan. Add water to the saucepan to just below the basket. Bring to boiling. Cover and steam 12 to 14 minutes or until tender.
- Add steamed potatoes and onion to the mixture in a bowl; toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Carefully transfer the potato mixture to the hot skillet. Return to oven. Bake for about 10 minutes or until heated and browned.
- Serve in a skillet with tortillas and desired toppings.