Walnut Creek Fajitas
1⁄2 lb top sirloin steak or boneless chicken thigh
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
8 flour tortillas (8 inch/20 cm)
1 -2 onion, we usually use approx. 1-2 depending on size (however much you like, enough to make a good mix with the peppers)
2 bell peppers, of your choice (green, red, or yellow)
- Slice steak or chicken into thin strips.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot pepper flakes, black pepper & salt.
- Add strips and stir to coat, set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut onions in half lengthwise and slice into strips, cut your peppers into strips.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add onions & peppers stirring for 3-4 minutes, until softened; transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add beef or chicken to skillet, cook, until meat is thoroughly cooked thru.
- Return onions and peppers to skillet; stir for about one minute.
- To serve, spoon a portion of the fajita mixture down the center of each tortilla, top with your desired toppings