Healthy Chicken Stir FryCourse: DinnerCuisine: Asian
1 lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cups Broccoli Florets
1/2 cup of Orange Bell Pepper Sliced
1/2 cup of Red Bell Pepper Sliced
1/2 Yellow Onion Sliced
1/2 cup Carrots Sliced
1/2 cup Snap Peas
1/2 Green Cabbage Chopped
2 tsp Minced Ginger
2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- Stir-Fry Sauce
1 Tbsp Corn Starch
2 Tbsp Cold Water
1/4 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
3 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Honey
1/2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together corn starch and water. Add remaining ingredients (chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, and red pepper flakes) and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet or wok and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken (in batches if necessary) and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Add broccoli, bell pepper, onions, snap peas, cabbage, and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, just until crisp-tender. Add ginger and garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken back into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Whisk stir fry sauce and pour over chicken and vegetables and stir gently to combine.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and let boil for one minute.
- Serve with rice and/or chow mein if desired.